Thursday 31 July 2014

Thoughts on a quiet afternoon

Life as we know it changes so rapidly that we sometimes need to stop, take a step back and see ourselves from outside ourselves to even realise what an amazingly beautiful gift we have been blessed with. This warm cup of tea as I write this, the pretty tunes I can hear playing in the background, the giggles and chatter of my beautiful little daughter as she joyously plays, all these sensations bring nothing but a smile from my heart.

Being a full time Mum and juggling a part time business on the side means my days are even busier than the recent past when my life was a full time management career. However it's through this new lifestyle that I've learnt to love everyday and appreciate every task no matter how mundane. A sense of gratitude towards the little things sometimes gives you so much inner peace that it's almost impossible to feel anything else but happiness.

Blessed we all are, whichever station we are at in the journey of life and really, just a few times it's beautiful to pause, observe and feel what is so wonderfully NOW. 

No comments:

Post a Comment